Monday, August 3, 2009

MY STEREO IS 16 YEARS OLD TODAY...



Today my JVC stereo is 16 years old. Pretty old for a stereo. Inspite of its age, it still sounds as good as when I bought it from Circuit City in Houston back on Tuesday, August 3, 1993. Well, it is actually a replacement of the original stereo that was bought on Sunday, August 1, 1993 - the very next day after I attended Lollapalooza 1993 featuring, among others, Front 242. The original stereo went dead after only 2 days, so I replaced it with another one. The staffs at Circuit City were pretty nice and helpful. Since the original stereo could not be turned on, some CDs (of Front 242, Will, etc.) inside its 6-disc magazine were stuck but a staff member took out the CDs immediately by opening the case. Very professional, indeed.

JVC stereos are well known for their durability. My JVC stereo, for instance, has two tape players and both of them are still working well despite being played continuously for years - day in day out. The radio is also still working. The only one that is not working is the CD player. But these days I play CDs with my computer connected to the stereo via the latter's AUX system. Being connected to a stereo system, the mp3 and FLAC files being played on the computer sound incredible. Since I'm an audiophile, the quality of sound is very important to me. That's why I don't use small active speakers for my computer's sound output.

Just like many of you, I've been through many ups and downs in my life and my stereo has always been there to accompany me through those moments. Girlfriends come and go but my stereo is always there. Therefore, it can be said that it is one of my best friends, hehe.. (*_*)

Hope it's still with me in the next few years living in this sick, corrupt, perverted world caused by you-know-who (certainly not the Muslims, dig the web deeply for more info on who the real culprits are)... Well, I guess I'm rambling. Anyways, happy 16th anniversary to my little stereo.

[sk@ds]

Power Noise | Power Electronics | Martial Industrial | Dark Ambient | Industrial Ambient